ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

current tasks/windows switchers solutions

<< < (5/6) > >>

Armando:
eheh. Thanks Darwin. I'm sure you're a great teacher (your explanations here, at DC, are always clear, so...)
I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling wortoys 2 times, to no avail. All the files seem to be in the right places, etc. I even tried to rename the WordToys.dot file to "aWordToys.dot", just to see if the order in which the plugins are loaded could have an effect, but... Nope. I'll have to try some other strategies later, when I'll be back from the library -- adding some stuff to my growing database.  :)
Good luck with your lecture!

Darwin:
Now that's odd. I'll take a look at some settings and see what I can come up with. This really is a great solution if you can get it to work. I'm wondering if the author is going to release the Pro version as freeware as well as he's no longer developing it (he is supporting it for at least one more year, though).

I'm going to check this out but a thought has just occurred to me: what version of Word are you using? I don't think Word 2007 and WordToys play nicely together...

Darwin:
Just noticed this in the users manual for WordToys (maybe there's something helpful here):

current tasks/windows switchers solutions

I'd check for the presence of that registry key and those files in Windows/System 32. It's something to look at, anyway... Note that Romke Soldaat, the author had this to say about why he stopped developing WordToys and his other Office apps:

In Office 2007, all these carefully integrated utilities are taken out of their original context, and thrown together behind a button on the new Ribbon. As far as I'm concerned, this is such a messy solution that I consider Office 2007 as the ultimate add-on killer.
--- End quote ---

Thus, while it sounds to me like WordToys will work under Word 2007, you'll need to look for a button on the ribbon to find it...

Armando:
Thanks a lot, irreplaceable Darwin!
I will make sure that all the files are in the right places...
BTW, I'm still hanging on to Office 2003 -- and will probably do so for a while.

Armando:
Everything is there. The add-on seems to be loading, etc. I've tried removing some add-ins, etc. Still nothing!!!
I believe I'm using version 2.1. Maybe 2.0 would work better :huh:. (I've even seen a version 2.5 advertised, but wasn't able to download it.)
Anyhow. I really wonder what the problem is. My guess i that there is a conflict between two add-ons, or something like that (what makes me think that, is : The WordToys Playground : Saturday, January 22, 2005)
i'm tempted to reinstall Office... But do I have the time, and is it worth it... HUmmmmm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version