ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Virtual PC 2007 Final

<< < (2/2)

Shades:
Virtual Box is regarded to be the better one. VirtualPC does Windows and a small set of Linux distributions (according to its documentation) while Virtual Box does not impose those limits. Besides that, it has a 'community' edition (open source) next to their business version.

Virtual PC is only available on Windows, while Virtual Box is available for Windows, Linux and if memory serves me correctly,  Solaris/OpenSolaris. Virtual PC is arguably faster with Windows based virtual machines when compared with Virtual Box/VMware. For me, I didn't experience a speed gain with those VM's when testing Virtual PC.

At the moment I am using VMware, mainly because I am too lazy to create native Virtual Box VM's. Never tried Virtual Box's  ability to read VM's created with VMware, though.

PS:
Do not use the free VMware server v2.x!!!
This software is a true abomination to look at, uses a very resource hungry Tomcat webserver and hardly functions with older VM's created with VMware server 1.x. Do not 'upgrade' those to the new format from the 2.0 version. I lost two VM's that way! 

Ehtyar:
Yay VirtualBox!!

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version