ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

[Done] Looking for a program like add/remove programs any idea's?

<< < (3/4) > >>

PhilB66:
Guys, there is plenty of posts about uninstaller tools on DC, this thread is about programs missing from/not listed in the add/remove window.

NightFlyer:
is there anyway I or a mod can mark this thread as solved since Dirhael came up with a solution that has worked with 100% success ?

ak_:
Don't forget FARR's Uninstall plugin :)

Dirhael:
is there anyway I or a mod can mark this thread as solved since Dirhael came up with a solution that has worked with 100% success ?
-NightFlyer (September 05, 2007, 02:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Still no problem with it? Good! :) In any case, I've updated the program to v1.1, and added a few new features and fixed some potential problems:

+ Added the option to pass command line parameters to the uninstallers without having to change the path field. Did this to prevent someone from accidentally forgetting to enclose the uninstaller path/executable in quotes, which you need to do when passing parameters.
+ Added possibility to add company name and version string.
+ If you selected the incorrect uninstaller when you started the program, you can now browse for a new executable without restarting the program or entering the path manually.
* Sanitized the UID string so that it should be impossible to create unreadable keys if you typed invalid characters into the edit field.
* Fixed generation of random UID strings. Previously it was a very very minimal chance that you could have generated a string that you've added previously, thus overwriting your previous entry. Should not be possible to do in this update.
* Various other changes and fixes for potential problems.
* Better commented .ahk script if you would like to change something.

[Done] Looking for a program like add/remove programs any idea's?
[url=http://gallery.thesecondscreen.com/uploads/Add_Uninstaller_1.1.zip][Download here]

NightFlyer:
  Thanks for the update Dirhael  :Thmbsup: I love the idea of being able to add version number and company name to the list.
  On another note most of the add/remove replacements mentioned in this thread I have tried and none of them that I could find allowed you to manually re-add entries back to the add/remove list like this does, so I really do think this is fairly unique in that ability, since this is not the first time I've run into this problem this is a tool I'll certainly be adding to my toolkit CD for future use  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version