ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

[Done] Looking for a program like add/remove programs any idea's?

(1/4) > >>

NightFlyer:
I've been repairing a machine for a friend and had to do a reinstall of XP over an existing copy...my problem is that now the add/remove programs list is missing most of the programs that were previously installed on the machine although 99% of them still run fine, does anyone know of a program where I can re-add entries to the list without having to reinstall everything (I was thinking something like click an 'add' button that'll allow me to go to the program folder and point it to the uninstaller).

sri:
Try http://www.glarysoft.com/au.html

Dirhael:
This thread actually inspired me to make my first GUI AutoHotkey application...ever :) It's a very simple program, in that when you launch the executable you get a "browse for file" dialogue. When you've located the file, you'll get a dialogue asking for the name of the program and if you want to add the uninstaller for the current user only, or system wide. I've added the .ahk script, a compiled executable and the icon in a archive, just in case you need to do some changes.

Hope this helps you, or someone else out! :)

[Done] Looking for a program like add/remove programs any idea's?

[See this post for latest version]

PhilB66:
Check Microsoft's KB Article: Add/Remove Programs tool displays installed programs incorrectly for a possible fix.

PhilB66:
now the add/remove programs list is missing most of the programs that were previously installed on the machine although 99% of them still run fine
-NightFlyer (September 04, 2007, 05:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is there a scrollbar in the add/remove window? Sometimes a large white space will appear between programs so you'll not see the entries unless you scroll all the way down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version