ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

web mail client

<< < (3/4) > >>

Darwin:
MrPostman is an open-source Outlook add-in (Open source) that allows you to access US based Yahoo accounts from a mail client. However, it's utility comes and goes and while it works consistently for some people, never works for others. FWIW it worked for me for years and then stopped. Always works for my wife! YMMV...

Lashiec:
Also, I remember there is an extension for Thunderbird to support web mail providers, including Yahoo! Mail. Darwin mentions another option, and Ian 'Gizmo' Richards has some other recommendations at his site (google "Tech Support Alert"), including one specifically tailored for Yahoo! Mail

katykaty:
I'm using Thunderbird to access my free gmail, hotmail, and Yahoo pop3 webmail accounts.

You need to install a couple of extensions, but it's only just slightly trickier than falling off a log.

kalos:
any update on the subject please ?

pp although nice, it is really slow in development, it will allow us to search in email text and to see bulk emails in many years later

foxmail and dream-mail don't work well for me

Darwin:
Well... what updates are you hoping to get, Kalos? It's only been a little over a month and there are a limited number of options available to you and most of the most promising ones have been mentioned here. There is not a huge demand for development in this area and consequently development is slow.

If you want to be able to access your Yahoo.com (as opposed to co.uk, .de etc. accounts, which are indeed free - I have a yahoo.co.uk account) reliably from a pop3 client, pay your $19.95 a year to Yahoo. Otherwise there are a range of solutions, both shareware and FOSS, that have hit and miss reliabilty. Why? Because Yahoo constantly changes the way it communicates with your pop3 client and developers of third party solutions scramble to keep up to date.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version