ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a good Uninstaller App

<< < (4/5) > >>

mouser:
one thing i always look for in such tools: can it sort by install date? if not, its dead to me  ;)

Carol Haynes:
No - it doesn't mention dates - but it does nice things like open RegEdit and jump to the relevant part for each app or jump to the installation folder. You can also trawl through 'hidden' installs.

moerl:
Uninstall Tool looks like a very good choice in the freeware category. I still like and use Your Uninstaller! Pro 2006.

thomthowolf:
I am also a huge fan of your uninstaller.  I just don't think that any software junkie can live with the windows applet, and too many program uninstallers are not "well mannered" enough to really clean up after themselves.
I also teach several technical courses to less than savvy users, which involves my having to install and reinstall the same software over and over.  I really like having a clean slate every time.

urlwolf:

Hmm, I don't know if I mentioned smarty uninstaller before? It works for me, although I haven't compared it with the rest...

http://www.winnertweak.com/uninstaller/

It takes a long time to do all the checkings but it seems pretty exhaustive. And to date it hasn't screwed my registry trying to clean it... so that's good.

PS: how do you attach screenshots? Do you have to upload them to a server first, then unclude an img link? I'm trying the "link inline img" options, but nothing shows in the preview...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version