ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (65/77) > >>

PPLandry:
Forgive my ignorance, but is there some particular reason why this is bad?
-SKesselman (January 14, 2008, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Once installed, users (good and malicious ones) should not be able to access the program files folders. That way, less chance that something will go wrong. That is the theory. All program data, should use application data/program name/...

Carol Haynes:
That's true - the problem is that pre-Vista it was never enforced. Also pre-Vista there is nothing to stop anyone going into C:\Program Files or C:\Windows and pretty much doing what they like.

As I understand it the new method was introduced into Vista to aid multiuser applications keep seperate data - or maybe there was a bit of security too - can't remember.

Maybe Vista users should create their own C:\Noncompliant Program Files folder and install older apps in there ? Keep C:\ clean.

doublewitt:
That is the theory.-PPLandry (January 14, 2008, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Here is another theory:

Why not take heed to what mouser said? Get off their backs [GemX], and leave them alone. Let's see what 2008 will bring!

It's the new year and maybe it's time for some second chances and for giving people the benefit of the doubt. I think it's clear that people have had problems with GemX, and they have expressed their unhappiness.
But maybe it's time to cut them some slack and see how they do in the coming year.-mouser
--- End quote ---

In the beginning, this thread was setup so users could express their disappointments. Well, fine, that has been done. There are 13 pages now, how many more do you need? I don't believe that this thread is for people to constantly REPORT back any GemX issues on a constant basis - if so, then I think that we are abusing the privelege granted to us in this thread. That's a sign that it's getting out-of-line. If you want to constantly put wood in the fire, then you're stirring things up wrongfully. I firmly disagree with this constant reporting...

I would just rather say what's on my mind (no offense)....
Happy new year

Josh:
doublewitt: I have no intent of repeating what I've said in the past, however, I will not stand idley by and let a person blindly purchase a program from a company with a very shady support history. I will give my opinion here when asked, and I will do so in a manner I deem which fits the question asked. In this case, the question was would you recommend the program. I said yes but only if you can deal with the fact that you might not get support answers in a timely manner at certain times. I have no intent to bash a company for the past, but I will state what time has proven to be true.

zak11000:
I agree. Why shouldn't we post comments here if we want to? Are GemX going to try to close this forum down as well? Are we not allowed to criticise a piece of software if we want to and post our opinions? This was a totally ridiculous comment to make doublewitt... The only reason people are expressing their opinions here is because there is no other place to do this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version