ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (60/77) > >>

vegas:
Does anyone else get the feeling certain users (yes, plural) may be suddenly posting on behalf of GemX here (albeit rather softly)? Hmmmm, new, with less than 10 posts and all positive about GemX (...or am I just delusional)

PPLandry:
I know Sally from Vizacc and she is not related to GemX. She's working on the very fine HelpMaker software. As to the other new poster, his posts were rather negative about GemX. True that another new member was (very) positive

Just my 2 cents.

Darwin:
vegas - I can see your point, but really, I don't think that zenzai's posts are really that glowing. He/she is saying pretty much what everyone here says - the products would be world beaters if they worked but that with all the bugs and with no confidence that the products will be supported he/she is loathe to part with his/her money.

SKesselman's comments cannot be construed, in my opinion, as being glowing reviews but rather an attempt to insert a moderate voice into a heated discussion. People in this thread are largely of the "GemX should not be forgiven" frame of mind. I think all Skesselman is trying to say is that, yes, they have screwed up royally, but perhaps there's a story behind it and also to express the hope that GemX will recover and that nothing terrible has happened to the man behind it, who appears to be Peter Brooks.

Anyway, agree or disagree with SKesselman's perspective, I don't think that anyone from GemX is posting here posing as a concerned user.

Chessnia:
Does anyone else get the feeling certain users (yes, plural) may be suddenly posting on behalf of GemX here (albeit rather softly)? Hmmmm, new, with less than 10 posts and all positive about GemX (...or am I just delusional)
-vegas (December 20, 2007, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

What a lot of nonsense!  :down:
People have been speculating too much. If Gemx meet their new datelines, they'll also get a vote of confidence from me. A new version of Texnotes would be amazing news. I'm also looking forward to their new version of Do.

mouser:
It's the new year and maybe it's time for some second chances and for giving people the benefit of the doubt.
I think it's clear that people have had problems with GemX, and they have expressed their unhappiness.
But maybe it's time to cut them some slack and see how they do in the coming year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version