ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (54/77) > >>

superboyac:
I'll install it first, then! I'm not really after any additional functionality beyond displaying the calendar on mouseover...

This feature creep KILLS me because I look for something simple (like the calendar view) and wind up going for something that will balance my chequebook for me while playing an mp3 and ripping a DVD, so I might as start with something that has been recommended to do what I want it to do, and nothing more!

Thanks for interjecting that comment, Aram. You've likely saved me from, well, myself!
-Darwin (December 13, 2007, 01:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I went through the same thing.  About the mouse-over, Betaclock doesn't have this feature.  What it does have is you can customize what happens on a single-click, and double-click.  I have it set so the calendar pops up after a single-click.  It's not as convenient as a mouse-over, but hopefully that's not a huge issue for you.  Maybe the author will be open to the idea, I think it's a good one!

Darwin:
Yeah - just figured that out! However, in using it, this makes more sense anyway and I am sure reduces the "hit" on my system. Usually all I want to know is that date, so this works perfectly! I like it A LOT so far.

superboyac:
Cool.  Did you see my screenshot?  See how I got the time to appear in a bigger font in green and the date in yellow?  You know how to do that?  You have to create two clocks and save them in the options.  That way you can have different looking text for different items.  Cool, eh?  I had to ask the author about that because I couldn't figure out how he did it.  I'm annoying.

Darwin:
Cool.  Did you see my screenshot?  See how I got the time to appear in a bigger font in green and the date in yellow?  You know how to do that?  You have to create two clocks and save them in the options.  That way you can have different looking text for different items.  Cool, eh?  I had to ask the author about that because I couldn't figure out how he did it.  I'm annoying.
-superboyac (December 13, 2007, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D Thanks for the tip!

superboyac:
OK, since I'm being annoying, here's another interesting little nugget...
betaclock used to be called Alphaclock and it was free like Betaclock.  Unfortunately, some guy ripped it off and is offering it as Alfaclock and charging for it.  So, the author renamed his program to betaclock.

I forgot where I heard that story (I think it was here somewhere).  Crazy, eh?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version