ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (47/77) > >>

JaneDC:
So what are you guys gona do? Stop using the software? How about all the data you have collected?

Seeing all these posts actually made me try the software earlier. Overall it seems nice. What bothered me was the sluggish interface, and a bit heavy on resources.

Well, hope this isnt the end. and if they do continue the development, hope they first try to improve current features rather than go on and add new ones.

Josh:
What am I going to do? I am moving to a new dedicated device which blows Do-O out of the water. I am now working with a Palm TX.

sigh...:
So what are you guys gona do? Stop using the software? How about all the data you have collected?

-JaneDC (October 26, 2007, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

JaneDC, DO has or rather, had so much potential!!  it was everything and more that i wanted and needed - i have still been searching for something that will superbly take its place, but so far, no luck - at least none that are already out there.

what i have found (and posted some time ago) is Nighthawk  (http://www.nowsoftware.com/nighthawkSubsite/index.html#SlideFrame_1) and i am impatiently waiting for it to be released.  i have joined the company's forum and am giving my suggestions for it.  we will see.....

i need multicalendars working side by side REALLY, REALLY bad - DO is the only one that does this exactly the way i need them, so for now, i am reluctantly using it.

plus, i shelled out $179 dollars for it 3 years ago......sigh....

Armando:
What am I going to do? I am moving to a new dedicated device which blows Do-O out of the water. I am now working with a Palm TX.
-Josh (October 26, 2007, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Tell us more, Josh. :)

Josh:
Well, the Palm TX is a standard palm pilot. Palm's have always been very complete and easy to use when it comes to the functionality provided. Contact management, calendar, todo, email, and whatever else you can think of. Its a very handy way to keep track of your schedule. Yes, it costs a bit more (although a base model Palm Z22 costs about 99 dollars US which is still cheaper when compared to Do-O with similar modules.

After using previous palm models, and playing with the new one I received yesterday, I have to recommend a Palm Pilot over Do-O any day. You pay less for the base model of a palm pilot than you would for the same features in Do-O.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version