ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (42/77) > >>

celtichare:
I'm starting to think that Helpmaker is more a Troublemaker...
--- End quote ---

Sally, I for one do not feel offended in any way - I'm not quite sure what Doublewitt is refering to by his comment about Troublemaker - I'm hoping that he is making a joke but that is for him to make clear. So, keep up the good work - I am eagerly awaiting the release of Helpmaker v8
 :D celtichare

zak11000:
Me2. Would welcome an alternative do Do-Organizer. As mentioned before I tried your 7.3 version yesterday - and it does have the same look and feel. If its aim is to become a fully fledged PIM, perhaps changing the name to something more PIM-friendly would make sense.

Beth UK:
Not sure how others feel but I am wondering whether the HelpMaker discussion can be placed into it's own thread as there is a danger of getting the GemX stuff mixed up with the HelpMaker discussion.

I can't say for sure but I think Doublewitt was just questioning the value of publicly 'dismantling' (listing all the libraries etc used) another developers software in open forum at the same time as promoting a competitors software.

I am sure the Helpmaker application discussion would benefit from its own thread away from the many mixed feelings that are plainly felt in connection to the GemX situation.

Just a thought.

mouser:
i think good point, let's keep this thread for GemX, please continue helpmaker discussion on a dif thread.

celtichare:
Fair point - maybe Sally could start the new Helpmaker thread and we can contunue to follow the progress there. As for GemX I have yet to receive a reply to my many DSM's none of which have been offensive - quite the opposite. I grieve the situation they are now in having purchased the software because it is quite simply the best total PIM concept and I can't understand why some of the big players in software haven't sought to come up with anything close to what they were trying to do. If they get their act together then I may well continue to use it unless something else captures my imagination - currently using Essentuial PIM and would like to see TreeDBNotes improve their scheduler/calendar function - anyone seen ichronos http://www.ichronos.info/ it looks very smart but at the moment it is a little lacking in functionality - very stylish and could be the surprise new kid on the block??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version