ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (37/77) > >>

zak11000:
He, he... We were trying to be nice - but I think your last post sums it up best...

SUPPORT YOUR PRODUCT, ASSHOLE!

sri:
I mean, 10pm EST time Sunday 14 Oct 2007.
-vizacc (October 13, 2007, 08:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure where you got whatever that it is you got. It's not do-Organizer AFAIK. do-Organizer is not a freeware. It should look like this:

http://www.gemx.com/art/tour/doorganizer/home.png

vizacc:
hi,
just a note here:

vizacc - is NOT the owners of GemX or distribute the product GemX Do-Organizer.

vizacc writes the free software HelpMaker.
The version in Development is HelpMaker version 8.0, which has similar features to GemX DoOrganizer.

The reason why I joined this thread is because vizacc competes against GemX in the E-Book (embedded E-Book) market.

Some kind person was willing to show was GemX Do-Organizer does via web-conference and had a nice discussion with him.
I did some analysis of that Do-Organizer program using the WinSpy utility supplied with Visual C++ v6.0.

Esentially,
Some parts of HelpMaker v8 is written in Delphi and some in Visual C++. We use a special method of compiling where we statically link
MSVCRT (Microsoft Visual C++ Run-Time Library) and MFC (Microsoft Foundation Code) together with Delphi code.

We use the same libraries such as "TNT (Troy's Unicode Controls)".

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For example:
- The "Treesviews" ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++.
- HelpMaker's Treeview library is constant updated, hence, any bugs or issues our customers have with the Treeview is fixed and updated.

- The Calendar and Planner found in GemX was ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ .
- HelpMaker's Calendar and Planner library is custom-made, and goes far beyond what GemX does.

- GemX database system .... I won't discuss that...
- HelpMaker database I/O library connects to every large and well-know database vendor in the market.

For the record:
- Vizacc "used to use" that Treeview library, that Planner library, that Calendar library, that WordProcessor library, and many libraries that GemX uses.
- Vizacc don't use them +++++++++++++ libraries .

The reason why I hijacked this thread is because:
- Vizacc have all the libraries required to make something similar to GemX.
- Vizacc have the ability to make something similar to GemX, and probably give a lower or scaled-down version for free.
- Vizacc has it's own WordProcessor, MindMapper system and many libraries (which we will never sell).

For example,
- our WordProcessing guys here does nothing all day long but breath RTF, HTML and PDF all day long.
- our MindMapper guys does nothing but geometric and graphics calculations all day long.

Most importantly:
- Vizacc has the financial resources to pull this off, and give good customer-service as well.

Hope that helps.

thomthowolf:

vizacc writes the free software HelpMaker.
The version in Development is HelpMaker version 8.0, which has similar features to GemX DoOrganizer.

-vizacc (October 15, 2007, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
So, when can we get a look at helpmaker 8.0?  I'll bet you could probably find some eager beta testers in this community.

Darwin:
Do-Organizer 3.0.9 was released today...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version