ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (34/77) > >>

zak11000:
Read my post from the other day. I was sure they would be back and I wasn't wrong.

Its not surprising - they can't take the criticism so have decided to hide and take the forum down. Its pretty pathetic if you ask me. That message is dishonest and doesn't show any character or real respect of their customers. Or as tiptop says - it shows no class. And that bit about there not being enough people to reply to the messages.. What's that about? Sometimes days would go buy without them even posting one reply. How long does it take to post a reply - 20 seconds? I guess they are too busy to spend a couple of minutes a day posting replies. They must be working day and night on the software...

But I guess we should be happy that development will continue because their software is good. Its a shame that they themselves can't live up to the quality of their software. Be men guys - don't hide behind emails and your non-existant "support system"... You have nothing to hide from. Criticism can be taken in a constructive way if you choose. After all, you want your product to be the best it can be - and so do we. We are on the same page. Be men not little boys... In the end you will lose out because people will be posting negative reviews on software download sites.

And yes, they are definitely reading this forum. Its a shame they don't have the guts to reply.

Josh:
I now know they will be reading this thread. In my latest DSM (Which finally received a response) asking for a refund, I made light of this thread so they can see what their paying users think about the way they were treated. I will notify you of its status when I receive another reply.

MarcS:
Hi everybody,

To my point of view there is no "GemX team" but only one, perhaps two, individual(s) under the hood.

This can explain a lot of thinks.

Also, perhaps money is very scarce in the company. How many registered users are we? Not more than one hundred, I suppose. The software business, especially the pim area, is very competitive. Every day you have expenses, in The Netherlands like everywhere in the real world.

Anyway, my hope is that GemX will survive, because these softwares are very clean, and could have a great future. Of course, for example doO is very buggy and not usable as it is. But I'm suppose it only needs a few days of debugging to be one of the best pim available.

Other contradictory idea: perhaps GemX has realized that the main core of the software code was too bad, and that it was useless to try to debbug it, but that it was necessary to rewritte it again in a better way from a blank page. Then they (or he) was starting to despair because the task was enormous.

Just thoughts...

With kind regards,
Marc (registered doO user)

Josh:
If they do not have the people to support the products they are putting out, then perhaps they need to stop adding new features and freeze it until current features are fixed to some definable standard. Right now, the calendar system is useless if you want reminders. The email module is useless if you try and setup advanced rules. These are just two of the many bugs I've encountered that are most prominent in my mind.

I respect that developers have bills just like everyone else, I just cant imagine that their closing down their forum due to "lack of time" is a legitimate claim. From my experience, there was maybe 5-6 NEW bug reports a day. This is not very many new posts. I really believe what has been pointed out here. The team simply couldn't take the amount of criticism they were receiving and decided to close the forums.

doublewitt:
From my experience, there was maybe 5-6 NEW bug reports a day. This is not very many new posts. I really believe what has been pointed out here. The team simply couldn't take the amount of criticism they were receiving and decided to close the forums.-Josh (October 12, 2007, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, the forum was rather slow-paced, in general. There's no reason why they couldn't have put 20 minutes/day to offer valuable input. Certainly anything from 20 - 30 minutes doesn't ruin your day's schedule, especially if you are using do-Organizer! Applying a "minimal" and consistent attention like that would have been sufficient. The idea is to be constant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version