ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (9/77) > >>

Darwin:
sigh - I  check four or five times a week. I run Maxthon 2 and have a "notetaking" group that opens the GemX forum page along with the forum pages for other notetakers. "Maintenance Mode" has gotten very, very old! It's funny you asked this question as just this morning I was wondering why I bother keeping the GemX forum link activated in that group - it's not looking like it's every coming back  :(

Armando:
@Sigh...

Well, there's Info Select. Pretty expensive. But does what you're looking for. And much more, probably.
There's also Sunbird (Mozilla) or Lightning + Thunderbird (free/donations), or/and the Evolution (free/donations) port to Windows (I'm not sure I'd trust this one though...).
There's also Anytime Organizer, but I'm not sure if it handles multiple calendars.
Or other Web based solutions like Google Calendar.

I use Outlook 2003. ;)

steeladept:
;D
steeladept, did you know that Toronto was not part of Quebec (the frenchy province)?
Toronto is actually very English.
But who cares anyway : he was speaking French and so you were absolutely entitled to tease him.
J'aurais fait la même chose.  ;)
-Armando (September 15, 2007, 11:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I was well aware of that...That is why it was so fun to tease him about it.  He was proud to not be from Quebec province, and so (of course) we had to act like he was - ALWAYS.  It was fun, and he got pretty good at returning the harassment.  Oh, that and we had to duck a lot!  ;D ;D ;D

doublewitt:

Do you need to sync with a Palm or a Pocket PC?
Have you decided to rule out Outlook?-Armando (September 15, 2007, 09:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, i don't need to sync with anything - but i probably want to be able to use the program from a flash drive.

Outlook is COMPLETELY out of the question!

i had looked at barca www.barca.com and essential pim www.essentialpim.com, but they don't seem to allow for multiple calendars.  that is HIGHLY important for me, as are a lot of customizations of categories and fields.
-sigh... (September 16, 2007, 08:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

How about Yagoon Time...?
http://www.yagoon.com/

Excellant for multiple layers (calendars) - as many as you would like (PRO). You can manage todo's as well. It's very nice. Works with the flash drive too...

When you move the cursor to the left and right of the screen, panels open up... you can view/lock them as you wish.

doublewitt:
There is also the MultiCalendar at:  http://www.multicalendar.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version