ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (4/77) > >>

Darwin:
Hi BethUK!

Fantastic - I remember you from the GemX forums and had no idea that you are a member here. Welcome to DonationcCoder (almost a year late  :-[)!

I'm on the same page about GemX at the moment - quite shocked about how things are playing out, actually. I really hope that I'm just being paranoid but i am disappointed, having only just purchased the upgrade to Do-Organizer from TexNotes Pro. I'm not using either, either (!), at them moment. For a host of reasons incuding those you've detailed above. For now, I'm just watching and waiting. It will be interesting to see what happens; hopefully at the very least some sort of an explanation will be forthcoming.

Beth UK:
Fantastic - I remember you from the GemX forums and had no idea that you are a member here. Welcome to DonationcCoder (almost a year late  )!
--- End quote ---

Good memories I hope!  :-[

I agree with you on all points and don't want to get into knocking GemX too much but am curious to know what the other (more active) forum members from GemX may be thinking.

Darwin:
Ah yes, good memories! I really appreciated your comments on TexNotes in particular (remember the debate about whether or not it should be shelved in deference to Do-Organizer's Scribe?) - always very insightful and balanced.

Like you, I wonder what the other regular contributors to the GemX boards are thinking. I wish there were some way to reach them. That desire is, in part, what led me to start this thread - the hope that some of them would happen upon it and post.

sigh...:
Hi Darwin and BethUK!  i am sooooo glad to have found you and glad you started this, Darwin!  i hope others from the GemX forum end up here as well!

I am, or rather, "was" a GemX DO forum member.  my name is/was ido2!!! on the forum

and yes, i, too, am grossly appalled at what has happened. i bought DO in late 2004 and joined the forum in 2005 i think and cannot believe that we have been treated this way.  like you stated BethUK, it doesn't take WEEKS to move servers. 

i started to notice a change earlier this year and started to notice more and more complaints from people even trying to "get" the program and having a lot of problems. 

i never downloaded the new version that was released, i would always wait about a week -  to hear what people had to say about it.  so i did not download 3.0.8. I had to format my harddrive and found that i did not have the old exe for 3.0.7 saved anywhere.  i was and still am very shocked that i was able to get the previous version from Jon (GemX programmer) so quickly - and because i got it so quickly, amid all the problems and complaints, i still had hope that all would be well. 

well, one thing that stuck me funny is that when Jon sent the version mentioned above to me, he kinda made a statement that he was not surprised that i did not want the newest version.  i found that very oddly interesting.  seems maybe he, too, was a bit frustrated with things?...

well, i no longer think that all will be well  - not anymore.  i have been researching other PIMS - and unfortunately still compare them to the bevy of features that DO has/had and the virtual unending amount of customization that it also had.

but, life must go on.  i just really hate that i paid the price - 159 or 179 for the product back when and there's nothing i can do about it  - being that it is "unfinished" and buggy.

i really don't understand what happened with them....

sigh.....

beldeamon:
Well .... my 2 cents as well ....

Hi Beth / Darwin and Sigh ;-)

Also in the same boat and been using Do on and off since about Aug 2006 (Only registered March 2007).

Same complaints and concerns here, basically since i registered the forum seemed to go down hill overnight.

well, one thing that stuck me funny is that when Jon sent the version mentioned above to me, he kinda made a statement that he was not surprised that i did not want the newest version.  i found that very oddly interesting.  seems maybe he, too, was a bit frustrated with things?..
--- End quote ---

This doesnt sound good !!

I am one of the brave few who have ventured into Do-Mail and converted all my mail over to it. The problem is the tool has many bugs and despite several Next-Actions in reply to my messages on their forum, nothing has changed as yet. I soldier on with it, but its a struggle at times.

Oh well, it appears I will also now have to start perusing the market in search of replacement tool .....

What a shame, this product had SO MUCH potential, and as others have mentioned was backed by a really great and enthusiastic user community.

Do User - Grumman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version