ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (3/77) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I haven't used their software but their website loads fine for me (really quite brisk) - forum is still on the move though apparently.

If it is still sluggish try clearing your browser cache.

Darwin:
I haven't used their software but their website loads fine for me (really quite brisk) - forum is still on the move though apparently.

If it is still sluggish try clearing your browser cache.
-Carol Haynes (September 06, 2007, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Strange... I've been trying that (cleaning out my browser cache) and it's not worked yet. Armando may be onto something with the firewall suggestion. I recall that this problem plagued the Collectorz.com site a few months ago. I've just checked the website again and I get alternating "Navigation to the site was cancelled" and "This program cannot display the webpage" errors (ie refreshing one such error report results in the other being displayed...). Ah well...

jgpaiva:
I'm just informing that i can access the GemX site (i've never been there before), but the forums are on maintenance mode, as mentioned above.

tide:
GemX moved their servers which is always an exhilirating experience.   :D

Beth UK:
Hello Darwin,

You are not alone here. I have been using GemX software for quite a few years and was for a while very active on their user forum. I personally have found the recent trend very disturbing - including letting the GemX forum drift into history (which appears to be happening). This is a shame because their were many devoted GemX forum members as you know who were very active in reporting bugs and offering constructive feedback. I stopped posting there a while back because I sensed a change in attitude both from users and developers. There was a sense that users were beginning, perhaps, to get very frustrated at slipping deadlines and 'broken' promises. A scheduled update to Texnotes (March 2007) simply vanished from the horizon despite assurances that Texnotes was to continue (which it may still - but I can't live with such uncertainty when this product was central to my notekeeping etc).

More and more posts were starting to challenge the developers on various unfixed bugs and lack of support and I wonder if this is why the forum is now 'changing servers'. It actually only takes a day or so to change a server (having done many myself) and this has now been going on for weeks. The brevity of the message about changing servers seems disregarding of users concerns.

I regret to say I have had to stop using GemX applications (a while ago)because I am not sure right now I can trust the longevity of this software. And the kind of data involved needs a degree of future proof security. I have always been a loyal supporter but now find myself greatly saddened by the way that their communication has broken down, and I imagine that a good many of the old forum users will be disappointed at the lack of respect shown by recent events. Perhaps they are just 'focused' on development but an email to explain the decreasing support and 'vanished' forum would have shown appreciation for the support shown by users.

The concept of DO-Organizer (the GemX flagship product) is fantastic - integrated organization etc. But 'concept' is just one side of software development and marketing. Support is also important, alongside transparency of operation. Frustratingly GemX claim the 'probably the best support in the industry' yet this is proving far less than true.

Who knows - all Gemx users are a little in the dark now so I imagine only time will tell  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version