ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (75/77) > >>

SKesselman:
Tried to see if there are any new updates, got an AVG warning when trying to access their forum (I copied the warning text, it's a hijack/cgi script)
-rgdot (October 19, 2009, 10:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

What do you do when that happens?
Tell them via email? Does it mean someone hacked their site or that GemX is hijacking your browser?
I can't see them doing anything like that on purpose (?).

:huh:

rgdot:
Clicking the 'GemX Forums' link on their front page popped up the AVG warning. Assuming AVG is not being paranoid or plain wrong someone likely attempted to inject a script  in their forums and/or site.

I will email them the details, even if it is nothing good if they at least know

SKesselman:
I went there and got an AVG warning, too. Brilliant move. It said now my program files FF file is infected.

rgdot:
Emailed them.

If the AVG warning came up it must have prevented an actual infection I think.

Darwin:
Well... I'm not beta testing do-organizer 4, having asked years ago to be put on the beta testing list. I can report that v.4 seems stable and that it works with Windows 7 (previous versions do not - they don't retain any db information on system restart).

So, gemx IS developing their products and seem fairly active on their own forum. However, reading between the lines (based on the number of non-gemx rep posters there), I'd say that they lost a LOT of customers over the last three or so years.

In my case, v.4 is nice, but I've moved beyond this sort of product (I think). The combo of Outlook and OneNote 2010 with VueMinder Calendar really works for me and will be hard to switch away from. Time will tell...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version