ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (73/77) > >>

Dormouse:
Do you think that the people involved with GemX now are the same as before?

Not having been involved before the original forums closed, I have no emotional reaction to the loss although I massively regret the loss of the community and info that was there. ATM it is a fairly standard vendor forum (many of which are very sensitive to criticism) but with little activity of any sort. I don't really see that changing unless they start launching a new version (presumably has to be v4 at this stage, though there have been 2 minor versions of 3 since their relaunch). I see DO as an 'as is' product, and on that basis I'm happy with it. v4 would have to have clear advantages for me to upgrade.

rgdot:
I am not registered at their forum but despite some bugs, one is so trivial that I still think I am mistaken, I like it and it's one of the programs I use most. In general I like 'packages' (alarms, mind map, contact, etc in one place) I will probably jump to four if it's not too expensive, whenever it eventually comes out.
The trivial bug, more like a strange feature, I mentioned is I have a task set to let's say start  Jan.1st and date due Feb28th. What is the proper way to calculate due or overdue and show in popups?

SKesselman:
What is the proper way to calculate due or overdue and show in popups?
-rgdot (March 28, 2009, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

GemX - missing in action

SKesselman:
Do you think that the people involved with GemX now are the same as before?
-Dormouse (March 28, 2009, 05:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, the moderator is the same, but the tech support doesn't appear to be the same...who knows?

rgdot:
(see attachment in previous post)
-SKesselman (March 28, 2009, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you but I meant the question as a way to ask about the 'bug'. I did check the 'show reminder...' and added Jan.1st, so after Jan.1st I got notices that said overdue... and I am still getting it when Feb.28th has passed (of course I haven't 'completed' the task). In general, when setting up an alarm with a start and end date when should one get 'overdues'? and how should the number of days overdue be calculated?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version