ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (17/77) > >>

doublewitt:
I just DSM'd GemX. I started out planning on being polite and asking once again for "news" on GemX and it's catalogue's future, but kitty turned rabid and I wound up demanding a refund on the cost of upgrading to Do-Organizer from TexNotes Pro on August 13 :o Having made the threat I am off to try to find an avenue to make good on it (I don't imagine that DSM is the right channel for this kind of thing). If nothing else, *maybe* the threat of a refund request will elicit a response - any response! -Darwin (September 22, 2007, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe that will work. Re-send the refund/request periodically... harass till you get an answer... don't give up... :huh:

Beth UK:
If nothing else, *maybe* the threat of a refund request will elicit a response - any response!
--- End quote ---

Any news Darwin?

Darwin:
No word yet. I'm still trying to figure out how to request a refund (given that they state quite clearly that they will not issue refunds because of their generous 60 day trial, I doubt they have a mechanism in place to deal with them, so DSM is probably as good an avenue as any).

I'll keep you all posted!

sigh...:
Sigh... - have you found your perfect "multi-calendar PIM" ?
-Armando (September 22, 2007, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

well, i may have, but it is still in the alpha stages of development unfortunately.  it is called "nighthawk" - i think you gave me some programs to go to and one of them led me to Nighthawk!  it seems it will be wonderful when it ever gets out of its alpha stage and then out of its beta stage!

see link for Nighthawk below:

http://www.nowsoftware.com/nighthawkSubsite/index.html#SlideFrame_1

i am going to email them to see if they have or will incorporate side by side calendars - i keep using the term "muliple calendars", but what i really mean is "side-by-side" - i need to keep and see 4 calendars at once (like i could in "you know what"), yet see the info all next to each other.

the one that i may end up using until nighthawk is available to trial, will be essentialPIM.  however, i really like Red Box (http://www.inklineglobal.com/products/rbo/index.html) (there is a newer version (6) available also) - but i cannot have multiple calendars and what i don't like is that multiple appts that overlapped APPEAR overlapped - i have a real issue with that - other than that, it is a really cool interface.  

so, i am not sure if i have answered your question, Armando!!!   ;)

Outlook is not bad - i guess i don't use it/like it b/c i teach it - that might not make any sense - i am not really much of a Microsoft fan  -  possibly due to security issues with Microsoft in general......

sigh...:
No word yet. I'm still trying to figure out how to request a refund (given that they state quite clearly that they will not issue refunds because of their generous 60 day trial, I doubt they have a mechanism in place to deal with them, so DSM is probably as good an avenue as any).

I'll keep you all posted!
-Darwin (September 22, 2007, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

remember to keep breathing in the meantime..hahaha

DO, was EXACTLY what i needed - but it is soo buggy that i cannot continue to use it.  for example, when i wanted to scroll thru my day view to see what i was going the next month,  sometimes NOTHING would show - and i would like have a mild heart attack, but then when i would scroll up and then back down again, everything would be there!   that was terrible!!

they promised to fix so many things and never did - i had my own list in scribe of things i wanted them to fix - that were either "next action", "someday", etc.  hell, Tiptop created a database  - i bet they never looked at it!!  i am starting to get really warm......need to stop this rant...

anyway....

i hate that i was such a staunch supporter of GemX, in retrospect!!   even near the "end", i just knew they would come thru...

damn, damn, damn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version