ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

GemX - missing in action

<< < (10/77) > >>

celtichare:
It's great to find out that I'm not the only one locked out of the GemX thing - but not great to be locked out you understand. I too am a registered user of do-O and the forum. At first I felt that things were working really well, I bought the full product and now I'm a bit naffed to find that it seems to have gone bad. I can only assume the worse since there seems to be NO ATTEMPT from the developers to reassure us as to what the position is. I've emailed regularly and DSM'd with no reply -it's downright rude! I feel cheated, especially since the product seemed to promise so much - there's really nothing I can find to compare, but that doesn't change the fact that I now find myself reluctant to continue investing in it. I am using Essential Pim which seems like a decent application but as yet is nothing like as comprehensive as do-O promised to be. Reading their website it appears that they are open to users suggestions and if they are smart they could capitalise on the apparent demise of GemX - but maybe that's wishful thinking ;0(  I'll keep my eye on this thread in the hope that some positive developments take place - but I'm beginning to think it is unlikely - I mean, face it =- if guys like TipTop and the other regulars are feeling doubtful GemX have a mountain to climb to win back our loyalty.

Darwin:
hi celtichare - welcome to Donationcoder! The most disturbing thing about all of this is that the homepage seems to be "business as usual" (though there are no updates, no news notices and not other signs that anything is going on there) and yet there has been no announcement about the forum and none of us here have received a single reply to our attempts at contact through a number of channels. Presumably, it is still possible to buy licences for their products. I'm actually hoping that someone for GemX finds this thread and will enlighten us, but while I am hopeful I am not delusional

sigh...:
in a perfect world (right!), wouldn't it be nice if some other company was in the process of buying out GemX and "when" they come back, it will be under new management and fixed!!

i know, i know, i need to wake up from my dream.....

Armando:
I'm pretty happy I never tried do-O, after all!!!
The only thing that stopped me at the time was the absence of synchronization with palm devices.

Anyway... ANother one -- but never tried : SQLnotes seems like a promising app. All the retiring ecco enthusiasts look forward to its completion. Maybe not before 6months/1year though...

superboyac:
Yeah, I'm a little miffed by this company also.  They seem to have a great track record of being responsive to customers, but I tried to contact them several times about texnotes and not once did I get a response.  I tried directing them to the notetaking thread here, as well as the review I did, but they never responded.  So I don't know what is happening there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version