ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Switcher2: Expose Clone (Window Arranger) for Windows

<< < (14/15) > >>

f0dder:
WinExposé is slow compared to switcher2, since it relies on constant polling of the application windows, whereas switcher2 depends on Vista+ Aero to be 100% smooth.

Iirc WinExposé is also relatively unstable, but it's been a while since I tested it (apart from running it just now, to verify it indeeds does the screengrabbing). Also, it seems unsupported by the author?, at least the official download link doesn't work and you have to resort to 3rd party download hosting sites.

Darwin:
If you have a microsoft mouse (I have one but am not currently using it - it's in the 6000 wireless series), the software adds a VERY Expose-like switcher to Windows 7 and Vista (can't speak to earlier versions of windows. I might reinstall the mouse and its software (though I don't really want to add more software to my setup) as the HP wireless mouse I am using eats batteries like CRAZY, whereas the MS mouse has awesome powersaving features that mean that I get months out of a set. If I do this, I'll report back with screenshots.

Darwin:
Here's a screenshot:

Switcher2: Expose Clone (Window Arranger) for Windows

It's called "Instant Viewer" and the tiles are "Live" - I watched Outlook's startup dialogue scrolling from within it...

I've never really explored instant viewer too much, so am not 100% sure that you need to install IntelliPoint to use it.

YMMV

f0dder:
It's called "Instant Viewer" and the tiles are "Live" - I watched Outlook's startup dialogue scrolling from within it...-Darwin (February 28, 2011, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
How live, though? The test is playing back a video and determining whether the preview is 100% smooth, and without a noticeable increase in CPU usage.

Lashiec:
Dexpot included an Exposé-like function with live previews in the newer versions (1.5 and up). It has a truckload of other different features, but IIRC they can be disabled, so use whichever you like the most.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version