ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Switcher2: Expose Clone (Window Arranger) for Windows

<< < (13/15) > >>

Mamoun:
Well unfortunately I can't running Switcher 2 on Seven because I use the theme "Windows Classic" so Aero is disabled :/
-oxman (August 03, 2010, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
Same problem, I always wonder why the heck it needs Aero to support windows thumbnails. I can get my old laptop to make coffee using a linux distro but I can't have a simple thing like windows thumbnails in windows.

f0dder:
Well unfortunately I can't running Switcher 2 on Seven because I use the theme "Windows Classic" so Aero is disabled :/
-oxman (August 03, 2010, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
Same problem, I always wonder why the heck it needs Aero to support windows thumbnails. I can get my old laptop to make coffee using a linux distro but I can't have a simple thing like windows thumbnails in windows.
-Mamoun (February 18, 2011, 09:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
Because Aero is more than a skin, it's all about gpu acceleration. Without Aero, a thing like Switcher is still possible, but you'd have to continually poll each and every window for updates, which not only would mean sloppy animation but also a lot of CPU consumption.

Hyphen:
Is there anything I can use to basically center (horizontally and vertically) a single window?

tomos:
Is there anything I can use to basically center (horizontally and vertically) a single window?
-Hyphen (February 25, 2011, 03:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use Tic Tac, forum thread here
See the last post on that page for info about a version without systray icon (TicTac lite) that's the one I use -
Download: http://www.favessoft.com/hotkeys.html
Both use Win Key and the numberpad with numlock ON

There's a mousecentric version as well that I havent used
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=23601.0

mark_ninan:
Hi guys... been looking for Expose like clones for windows for ages. (Using Win 7x64) The best one that i've found and am still using is called WinExpose.
It works great and i launch it with my startups with Startup Delayer.
The only flaw is that the shortcut key function doesn't work. Other than that you can program it launch the expose-like function at the 4 corners of your screen.
Enjoy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version