ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Keyboard locale auto-switcher?

<< < (2/4) > >>

f0dder:
Upon startup is fine, since local settings are stored per process - I can have notepad++ running with english layout and the rest of the system with danish, and when I alt+tab windows itself handles setting the locale.

And there should definitely be API calls to change locale. I just wondered if there was some smart built-in way to do it all automagically :)

lanux128:
found a web-site with a list of keyboard language IDs. now to find an API Call that could plugged into AHK to take care of things programmatically.. :)

• http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian/windows/info_windows_locale_table.htm

lanux128:
f0dder, try this ahk script: Auto-switch Locale.. :) the script will switch to English keyboard layout whenever certain programs are active.. Start the program once then you can edit the ini file to add more programs - partial windows title will do and also class names in this format: ahk_class <class name>.

btw, i'm not sure how your system is set-up.. so i've configured mine like this (see pic below) and with the assumption that Danish is the default language..

to use with different languages, edit the INI file and add the layout codes in this format: 00000xxx where xxx is the locale code. here are some examples:
0000040B
0000040C
0000040A
English - United States
Arabic - Saudi Arabia   
Catalan - Spain   
Danish - Denmark   
German - Germany   
Greek   
Finnish - Finland   
French - France   
Italian - Italy   
Portuguese - Brazil   
Norwegian – Norway (Nynorsk)
Spanish - Spain (International Sort)
Source: http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian/windows/info_windows_locale_table.htm

Edit: added the AHK source and Windows locale table.
Edit2: added the recompiled exe (without upx) to avoid false alarms [related thread].

TucknDar:
mind sharing the source, lanux128?

lanux128:
sure, no problems.. i'm planning to post the source after i've finalised things with f0dder as now it's just a quick hack.. but Tuck, if you're in a hurry, you can always PM me.. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version