ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

Getting Organized in 2007

(1/5) > >>

nudone:
it's september again, so that must mean it's time for... yes, wait for it...

yes, it's time for the Great Donation Coder Getting Organized Experiment of 2007.

if you participated in last years push to get things done then you'll already know how well the group worked. if you didn't join in with the fun then how fortunate it is that we're running the experiment all over again.

the idea remains simple. declare to the group that you'll commit to finishing something that you've been putting off and then get on with it. it might be something trivial that you are procrastinating over - nevermind, if you are annoyed at  yourself for not doing it then i'm confident that you'll complete it within the next three months - if not a lot sooner.

to help you, there will be a variety of tips and techniques that will be discussed - many of which will have the luxury of hindsight from those of us having tried them for a year. perhaps there have been new GTD like ideas developed since last september - if you know of any then please post about them.

the group will succeed. i can say with certainty that i am not the procrastinator i was this time last year and that is almost entirely down to being part of the last experiment.

as before, your input is essential. experienced GTD'ers are very welcome, as are the greatest procrastinators on the planet. together, we'll work it all out as we go along.

so, if you are ready (take a while to procrastinate over it if you wish) will you, please, announce yourself below.

i'll start off:

although i learnt a lot during the last experiment and found that it changed the way i work, i have recently started to put things off for no good reason. it's time to get back on track with things...

TucknDar:
I'll try to take part this year, if I can find the time :P

Seriously, I REALLY NEED HELP! I'm an excellent procrastinator :-\ , but I'll do my best at this. Even a little change would help. I did start to follow some of Mark Forsters ideas (Do It Tomorrow really has some good points), but eventually I just screwed up... I want DIT to work for me, and with the aid of this great community (and a little more discipline) I think I can be a more efficient me 8)

In short: I'M IN, nudone!

nudone:
great!

i will be providing short tips from my current reading material - which i believe may provide a better method for dealing with procrastination - all will be revealed soon.

mouser should be along soon too as i know he has some things up his sleeve.

edit:
TucknDar, i'd like to just say that you don't have to follow the experiment religously - there isn't an award for doing everything that is advised. the aim is simply to help you realise a way of doing a bit more than what you are currently doing - or, if not a bit more, then just less of what you shouldn't be doing.

TucknDar:
TucknDar, i'd like to just say that you don't have to follow the experiment religously - there isn't an award for doing everything that is advised. the aim is simply to help you realise a way of doing a bit more than what you are currently doing - or, if not a bit more, then just less of what you shouldn't be doing.
-nudone (September 01, 2007, 05:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I know, and that's what I hope this'll help me realise. That would be the best award!

urlwolf:
Ok, not to be the 'complaining' smurf here, but...
Wasn't last year edition aborted half-way through?
I thought most people who participated never even bothered asking for new tasks, because they were too busy doing other things...
I took it like it is: sticking to one time management system is incredibly difficult. You have to have iron willpower.

Even though DC got to interview the two superpowers back then (Allen and Forster) and we reviewed plenty of time-management systems and applications, I'm not sure we got much out of it. I, for one, have abandoned the system I was using in 2006.

Thoughts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version