ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Stay Away From Microsoft VISTA

<< < (14/19) > >>

Innuendo:
scancode, that's similar to one I saw. Same Aero dialog box, but it read "Windows has detected the mouse cursor has moved. (Restart|Cancel)"

darklight_tr:
While I empathize with the issues you are having as a programmer (I can't program at all), I have to say that I LOVE Vista.  My Gaming PC and HTPC now run it and it works great.

I don't miss XP at all!

GHammer:
I use Vista, I like it. I will not return to XP.
I had a few apps that did not play well, I cut them loose after a reasonable amount of time after Vista's launch. Reasonable being 2 months. At work, we look forward, we do not buy apps that are not Vista-able, though most the systems are XP for today.

I play a few games, watch a little video, play LOTS of music. I haven't seen all these difficulties that others report. I'm sure they exist, but I don't see them here.

I had a FAR worse time moving to XP than I did moving to Vista. XP did not do well for me until almost SP2 when patches had taken care of most the oddities and stable drivers had appeared for my devices.

Which reminds me, there are still those who will not install SP2 because "All it does is add a lame firewall."

Get on down the road, take the time to get familiar with Vista, spring for new hardware if what you use is not supported in Vista. But get with the 21st century.

f0dder:
Get on down the road, take the time to get familiar with Vista, spring for new hardware if what you use is not supported in Vista. But get with the 21st century.
-GHammer (September 11, 2007, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's so lame - "get with the 21st century". Since everybody loves car analogies... would you buy a flimsy car that travels half the distance of your current car per gallon of gas, just because it's the new model?

Carol Haynes:
Personally I'd prefer any car other than the one I've got at the moment (I just paid £850, ~$1800, for a service as a suspension spring had snapped and I needed new brake pads - JEEEEZ)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version