ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Family/Household Personal Information Organizer/Manager

<< < (2/8) > >>

laughinglizard:
Wow, this is timely.
I've just gone through this process of getting all stuff in order just in case.
I didn't find much online, it seems to fall under estate planning and people want money for their lists and to advise you.

I did find two guides that were pretty helpful.
Emergency Financial First Aid Kit and a Personal Disaster Preparedness Guide:
http://www.operationhope.org/smdev/clst4.php?id=170

From my own poking around, I cobbled together a Personal Records guide. Its 14 pages (text, good sized type)and is a little redundant in some places, but I would be happy to share it.
Some of it is stuff I've grabbed off the net (freely available) and some of it is stuff I've thought of myself.

mouser:
Yes please do share it.

laughinglizard:
mouser, what would the best way be to make it available to all?

mouser:
You can attach it to your post, or if you think it's a project you might like to make a web page for i can make some space for you.

I think it would be really nice to see a few people from the dc forum here get together and produce a kind of "kit" of the form i described above, basically just a zipped up directory structure with subfolders for different kinds of information, and a nice little guide (or a bunch of readme's or pdfs in each of the different folders) for what should get put where.

However it's done remember to be respectful of copyright stuff -- if you include something someone else wrote, make sure it's ok to do so, and cite then and their website properly.

laughinglizard:
Ok. Let me get an answer back on use of one of the forms, its copyrighted.

I could post a link to the page where the forms are, but the form itself is copyrighted. I've sent a note asking permission to use it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version