ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Family/Household Personal Information Organizer/Manager

<< < (8/8)

Joe35M:
Looks like you're right, MW.  Running StoreItAllSetup.exe without running the other two did install StoreItAll on my Vista box.  I wonder why PCMag's description says "requires .NET", implying that all platforms need to install it.

Anyway... I ran the freshly installed StoreItAll to give it a test drive.  First two things I noticed: When entering data for a credit card, there's a field named "CW".  What's this, I wonder, Googling as quick as my fingers can fly.  Turns out that CW is a misread of C V V, which is another way of saying it's the CSC, the 3- or 4-digit Card Security Code.

Second thing: the last data field in the new record is for "Notes".  I entered some information, then saved the completed record.  I can now view or edit the record... except for the data in the Notes field, which I can't find anywhere.  This is not just not useful, it's annoying.

Together, the application's Credit Card, Documents, Notes and Password data types might make the app work as a repository of Household PIM data, but I think its usefulness will be a highly personal judgment.  So far, I'm not too optimistic.  (But then, living through more than 3700 Mondays can make anybody cranky and irritable. ;)

Regards,
Joe35

Darwin:
Good grief Joe35, 3700 Mondays doesn't look like a lot when stated that way, but when you divide it by 52 it's a more impressive number than I was anticipating!

Joe35M:
Darwin,

I surprise even myself.

/j

Darwin:
Anyway... Nice to have you here Joe! Welcome to Donationcoder and I hope that you'll spend more time here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version