ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SubmitToTab - a Firefox add-on

<< < (4/12) > >>

Dirhael:
Don't know if you realize it, but you have always(?) been able to do this in Opera without resorting to extensions or customizing. If you simply shift-click any link or form buttons, it will open in a new tab (or window, depending on your settings). If the form button you pressed submits the form, the results will of course be submitted to the new tab or window as well. Should you, like me, prefer to stay away from the mouse when typing in a form, you can achieve the same result by hitting shift+enter to submit, instead of just enter by itself. This keyboard shortcut extends to other parts of the interface as well, and will work in elements like search boxes to.

mouser:
There's a reason some of the smartest people love opera -- i guess this is just another one of those reasons.

Darwin:
Don't know if you realize it, but you have always(?) been able to do this in Opera without resorting to extensions or customizing. If you simply shift-click any link or form buttons, it will open in a new tab (or window, depending on your settings).
--- End quote ---

This works in IE as well...

mouser:
This works in IE as well...
--- End quote ---

Actually while this may work for *links*, it does not seem to work for form buttons, which is what the firefox extension does.

Darwin:
Oh... does in Maxthon, though (I think! Drat - forms, forms everywhere and not a single one to test this on... I'll have to go looking).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version