ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SubmitToTab - a Firefox add-on

<< < (3/12) > >>

sri:
In my opinion, Firefox can do everything (with add-ons) that Maxthon can.

FF > Maxthon

in terms of features brought forward by the add-ons.

Darwin:
Yup. Fair comment, but I'm stuck in my ways! I just can't be bothered to learn how to do it all in FF, not that it would be so difficult... Sigh, colour me LAZY!

lanux128:
yes, agreed.. my browsing sessions are so intertwined with Firefox that even an occasional fling with K-Meleon puts me off-stride.. ;)

Darwin:
Well put. It's an organic, fluid, symbiotic arrangement. I know that Opera and FF are wonderful browsers but it's like being outside on a crisp fall day in a t-shirt with the memory of how cozy the jacket that you're holding in your hand is... it just doesn't feel right.

Nod5:
Nice feature... One use for this would by for making forum posts / forum registrations for forums when you're unsure how stable the forum functionality is. I bet most of us have experienced this: type a long post to some forum / forum registration page and press post only to get a error page or a blank page or a you-didnt-fill-in-the-important-fields-AAA-BBB . And so the form is not submitted. And pressing back in the browser gets you back but all you'd entered is gone.

Let me also back up Darwin a bit... These features makes me stick to Maxthon over Firefox:

1. groups (that is, saving multiple tabs to a .cgp file. Like a .url favorite but with multiple URLs. Very hand, easy to backup and manage.)
2. external utilities (a toolbar where I can add any external tools started through the command line AHK scripts, other applications and so on -- can be started with some maxthon variables as command line parameters like current page URL and title)
3. alt + Z (open last closed tab. I know I can right click tab in FF and do that but I want that hotkey)
4. automatically adding more tab rows when a lot of tabs are opened
5. Powerful Text Filter functionality (that is allowing you to regexp replace content in any page. It's sort of like the 3rd party tool proxomitron but built in; got added in Maxthon2. Very powerful and customizable)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version