ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SubmitToTab - a Firefox add-on

<< < (7/12) > >>

mouser:
This is one of my favorite extensions.. and it's not been updated for FireFox 3.6 yet  :(
Any FF hackers willing to update it?

mouser:
no one willing to update Submit To Tab?!

cmpm:
You could add this Boolean value to 'about:config' and set it to false.

extensions.checkCompatibility

Skipping any compatibility checks for all add-ons.
I would not use it for anything and everything though, just if you really want to see if it will let an add-on that is really special work, one at a time.

If it's set to true the add-on will be disabled.
If you click the compatibility warning to check in the add-on console, this value will be deleted from about:config. I just toggle it as needed.

MilesAhead:
Yup. Fair comment, but I'm stuck in my ways! I just can't be bothered to learn how to do it all in FF, not that it would be so difficult... Sigh, colour me LAZY!
-Darwin (August 28, 2007, 01:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did MaxThon for awhile and recommend it to those who use IE and want customization.  What scared me off though is the BHO possibility. I got burned once by an IE BHO and I don't like having that hook hanging there.  When I can uninstall IE then I do.  If I can't, I take other measures to auto kill it if it rears its ugly head.

For those that like IE though, there are a ton of cool plug-ins, addons, whatever you want to call them, for MaxThon.

Darwin:
Yup. Fair comment, but I'm stuck in my ways! I just can't be bothered to learn how to do it all in FF, not that it would be so difficult... Sigh, colour me LAZY!
-Darwin (August 28, 2007, 01:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did MaxThon for awhile and recommend it to those who use IE and want customization.  What scared me off though is the BHO possibility. I got burned once by an IE BHO and I don't like having that hook hanging there.  When I can uninstall IE then I do.  If I can't, I take other measures to auto kill it if it rears its ugly head.

For those that like IE though, there are a ton of cool plug-ins, addons, whatever you want to call them, for MaxThon.

-MilesAhead (February 07, 2010, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh, heh - jumped ship to Fx not long after I posted that. I recently returned to a vanilla install of IE8, though, because I got fed up of Fx's habit of crashing explorer.exe repeatedly in Windows 7 64 bit. I've not been near Maxthon since 2007...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version