topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 12:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: A joyful addition..  (Read 15049 times)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: A joyful addition..
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 11:18 PM »
Young Jack is going into French immersion so not only will they be plotting against me, they'll be able to do it right in front of me!

Cpilot

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Bite Notes
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 11:24 PM »
Just in case anyone is interested, I've been married twice, producing 5 children.
All adults now, so if anyone needs to know, I happen to have a passing idea about what causes those things.  :mrgreen:

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 11:31 PM »
Young Jack is going into French immersion so not only will they be plotting against me, they'll be able to do it right in front of me!

;D ;D i almost forgot that you're from Canada.. :) i am also trying to enrol my son into a 2nd language class but haven't decided yet..

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 11:41 PM »

;D ;D i almost forgot that you're from Canada.. :) i am also trying to enrol my son into a 2nd language class but haven't decided yet..

Well, too early for me to be giving advice (though he's already done two years of French Immersion pre-school), but I sympathize with the decision part. It's a bit of a commitment but where we are anyway, any negatives are swamped by the positives, not least of which is the fact that we're essentially getting a private school education within the public school system - parents that put their kids into French Immersion tend to be more interested in, and supportive of, education and that rubs off on the kids in the program as well. That's the thinking anyway! Oh, and the little urchin should be fluently bilingual by grade 6. Scary.