ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I wanna hurt this guy!

<< < (8/8)

Carol Haynes:
Curt - buy a Pioneer DVD+-RW DL drive - and chuck out the old drive. You can get a brand new Pioneer drive for about $16/$30 and they are fantastic and burn any format you like. For example see http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CD-044-PO (not exactly known as a cheap supplier but this seems to be a common price for these drives. I have 4 of the - well actually the previous model - and they are fantastic).

f0dder:
I "SPAMfighter-blocked" the spam mail (from the initial post in this thread), and then tried to send a mail from me to me. The first one was blocked by Outlook Express (OE), so I told OE to mark mails from me, and then I send off another mail from me to me. This one went all through. But I will of course have to wait and see if "he" (the guy I wanna hurt) ever sends me another mail (from "me"), before I know if the trick has worked the way I am hoping.
-Curt (August 28, 2007, 11:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ummm, so after you blocked the spam mail and sent yourself a mail, that mail was blocked?

So, with this "community based" approach, won't that mean that everybody else using spamfighter will not be able to receive mails from you, only yourself since you explicitly allowed mails from yourself?

Curt:
No, at least five persons have to block a mail before it is blocked in general. And then they may still recieve it, but in the SPAMfighter folder, so they can accept it (or not) if they want to. You cannot block me from mail I want to recieve.

Curt:
@ Carol, Oh, I would really like to have a Pioneer drive... oh yes! However, the  DVD RW  that came with the machine half a year ago, is (was) of reasonable quality (though made in China). I guess I will save my money and go for a new duo/quad core PC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version