ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Licensing add-on, copy protection software, and one specific question.

(1/3) > >>

fowmow:
Can anyone recommend any good:

1.  Add-ons...
2.  COM or other components...
3.  Copy protection software in general?

Also, I am specifically looking for one I saw "back in the day."  It was called "Bit" something I am almost positive.  I cannot for the life of me find it though.

Any luck?

Ehtyar:
You're questions are totally out of context....Addons for what? COM components for what? Copy protection for what? Be more specific please.

Ehtyar.

fowmow:
You're questions are totally out of context....Addons for what? COM components for what? Copy protection for what? Be more specific please.
-Ehtyar (August 26, 2007, 08:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is this not the general software discussion forum?

(Licensing or copy protection) Add-ons for software.
(Licensing or copy protection) COM components for software.
Licensing or copy protection for software.

Get a clue or do not bother to respond.  I do not need someone being asinine for the sake of it.

Renegade:
Is this not the general software discussion forum?
-fowmow (August 27, 2007, 02:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but it's not really so much of a developers forum as it is a users forum.

Get a clue or do not bother to respond.  I do not need someone being asinine for the sake of it.
-fowmow (August 27, 2007, 02:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

No need to get nasty. He was looking for clarification. Your original request was too broad to answer. If you were in a specifically developer forum, like say here, then it would have been easier to determine what you were asking.

In any event, your questions are still far to vauge to answer. You really need to narrow them down to something that someone can answer.

Good components? ILS, IPN.NET, .NET Reactor, VBOLock, DeployLX... There are lots of them... Depends on what you want to do... What language are you using? Delphi? MFC? ASM? .NET? VC++? For Windows? Linux? OSX? Solaris? Is x64 support necessary? Do you need activation? Protection vs. licensing - they aren't the same... Too many wide open questions to give a decent answer.

Narrow it down to what you're looking to do and someone can give you a decent answer. Otherwise visit the ASP NGs or the JoS BoS forum. There are other places to look as well.

fowmow:
That is exactly what I was looking for.  I did not want to be specific, because I was attempting to start a generalized talk on software that assists people in licensing software.  I also stated this, even though you asked again "depends on what you want to do."  I wanted to know about licensing software others knew of.

Granted, this probably could have been put in the developer forum.  Again though, I was not being specific on purpose, therefore I thought it qualified as "general."

And I was not being nasty, I thought Ehtyar was the one being snippy so I replied thusly.

Maybe I overreacted.  Some serious family issues have arisen and it has been difficult for all of us to deal with them calmly.  *If* I overreacted, my apologies.

Thanks for the feedback, Renegade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version