ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

perl.exe

<< < (3/6) > >>

mouser:
the process tamer tray list by default only shows processes using more than 1% of the cpu;
uncheck the hide 1% box to show all processes.

benwylie:
Yes i realise that - php is running on at least 40% so it should be in there anyway. Both with the 1% box ticked and not, php.exe is in Task Manager, but not in the Process Tamer GUI...

Who knows what's going on ;-)    ?

Ben

mouser:
ill have to try my php - it sounds like process tamer is detecting that it can't get sufficient permission to alter php.exe and so isnt even listing it, but i'm definitely going to have to look into it.  i have php and perl installed on my winxp box so i'll take a look in the next day or two..

benwylie:
I've taken screen shots of TaskManager and ProcessTamer in the same window. I've also got a second image showing the error message i get when trying to reduce the priority manually.

perl.exe

perl.exe

It's not actually using 40% at the time, in fact the second image shows four different processes using a fairly low cpu, but either way, ProcessTamer doesn't seem to access it.

Thanks,
Ben

benwylie:
Perhaps it is an issue of what user it is running as.

php.exe seems to be running as INET_USR because ... it's a website, perl is running as SYSTEM because it is being triggered by my mailserver running as system. I'm logged on as administrator. Does the Administrator not get to change the priority of those applications being run by another user? Perhaps that will help you work out why it's not working for these things.

Thanks
Ben

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version