ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anywhere.FM: Upload your entire music collection - play it anywhere

<< < (3/5) > >>

urlwolf:
Well, musicIP does do recommendation, right?
That's the whole point of it, is it not?

I just cannot find a changelog anywhere. I have been submitting feature requests that would make MIP a killer app, I'm just wondering if any of them has been implemented.

urlwolf:
bummer about mp3 only. I have lots of ogg/flac.

No new posts in the musicIP blogs either?

justice:
I mean recommendations for music I don't have yet.
release notes are in the forums

Darwin:
Sort of a postscript to my post about the icons... I wanted to post in the MusicIP Mixer forums but couldn't upload my picture there. I'm about to upload to imageshack and try again. Hopefully, I'll get the help I need (?!) from the people that are best positioned to give it to me  ;D

EDIT: Also, sorry for so shamelessly hi-jacking this thread   :-[

Carol Haynes:
How can this be anything other than illegal?

If nothing else you are sharing your music files (which some people say are illegal to start with if they are ripped from CDs) with the owners of the website. Allowing others to listen to your music via 'Friends Radio' is also sharing your files with other people (even though they can't download them).

Most legal download sites for MP3 files specify in licenses that files must not be uploaded to websites, servers or P2P systems - so by using this you are probably breaking the purchase contract you agreed.

Strikes me this is the ideal way for 'someone' to 'collect' a huge amount of music to drop into the P2P file sharing community! Just make sure you don't upload anything with personal information (a lot of legal MP3 downloads include the name of the person it is licensed to in the headers).

I would think this is precisely the sort of thing that will make some companies, who have started to loosen up on selling unprotected files, think again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version