ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anywhere.FM: Upload your entire music collection - play it anywhere

(1/5) > >>

justice:
:D Found this site via stumbleupon..

Right can someone explain how it's allowed to make something like this and have it funded? I can't find anything on the website about the legality of the project, but its creators seem to be ex Amazon and Microsoft. It doesn't look bad, although I don't need it - maybe you do:

Anywhere.FM is a powerful music player that makes it easy to:
  ·  Upload your entire music collection
  ·  Play it anywhere on the best web music player
  ·  Discover new music through Friend Radio

Is there a limit to how many songs I can upload?

Currently in beta we do not enforce a limit to how many songs you can upload. So knock yourselves out :) In the future, we may institute a storage limit or charge for premium storage.

--- End quote ---
http://www.anywhere.fm/player/

Dirhael:
Thanks for posting this, I didn't know of this service until now! While I don't see myself uploading much music to such a site until I know more about the legality of it etc., I love the fact that it makes it very easy to discover new bands. Just since I started listening 5 minutes ago, I've discovered at least 1 new band that I need to find the full CD's of :)

urlwolf:
If this is secure/legal, it's interesting in may ways. One of them: it's a great backup. After traveling for 1.5 month without my music, I missed it. This would be a solution.

The recomendation part, I must try. Looks like my previous favorite, MusicIP, is half dead, no new features added in over 2 months. andd now, I added a few CDs, just to discover that most of them are unanalyzable. When did things go this wrong?

Darwin:
My only issue/concern/query has to do with the practicality of uploading gigabytes of data. You can do it in the background while you work and leave your computer unattended doing this overnight and while you eat, etc. But that's a lot of bandwidth.

urlwolf - you've verbalized what I've been secretly fearing/dreading: MusicIP Mixer does indeed seem to be dead. Version 1.7 is idiosyncratic, though usable, I've been anxiously awaiting a newer release with better management of playlists (as in how they are launched), etc. Upsetting.

justice:
http://www.musicip.com/mixer/index.jsp version 1.8 is available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version