ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Life without XP SP2 - is it possible?

<< < (7/13) > >>

dantheman:
I don't know how Broadcom drivers work but with Netgear when you install the drivers you are given the option of using Netgear's applet or Windows Connection Manager - you also get this option if you update drivers.

Dan, have you checked Broadcom's website for new drivers for your WiFi interface? Most companies update these regularly and they may have fixed dropping connections issues.

Failing that borrow a USB interace from someone and try that for a while or try a cheap USB WiFi 'thumb' adapter or a PCMIA card adapter to find out if it is the Broadcom hardware causing the problems. You can configure a new adapter without upsetting the settings for the Broadcom adapter (you will just get two alternate WiFi connections in Windows Conncetion Manager page when you install a new adapter).
-Carol Haynes (August 24, 2007, 08:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Boy! I should have followed up on my initial computer studies!
I have Broadcom 54g max perf. 802.11g (whatever that means) on a Compaq Presario R3210CA
It's just simple. I got lost on Broadcom's website!
Lost in space man!
 :(

If i could only find a quick contact somehow... who knows!   :-[

Darwin:
Don't know if you've been here, Dan, but it's a good start!

dantheman:
Don't know if you've been here, Dan, but it's a good start!
-Darwin (August 24, 2007, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. That's exactly where i went.
Just did a request for support. Don't know how long that will take but hey! Life is full of good things like spaghetti, pizza and good ol' homemade bread right?!
 ;D

Thanks again to you all for keeping up on this thread.
I'm sure i'll make it to the end this time.

:up:

Darwin:
Oh - forgot this little nugget: if you don't know what card you've got (which can be a problem when you are looking to update drivers), download SIW - it's a freeware system profiler and an excellent one at that!

Carol Haynes:
If that doesn't work try SiSoft Sandra Lite (free)

[Update: OOPS the Lite version doesn't include network cards - sorry!]

WOW  - SIW is really useful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version