ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

Installed programs not recognized

(1/6) > >>

lanux128:
i'm sure this has been mentioned before but i couldn't find the thread. so here it is again.. what to do when DCU shows programs already installed as "not installed"? :)

as can be seen in the image below, i already have Farr (definitely), LBC, SC & CHS..

mouser:
that's troubling..
how did you launch the updater.. from the start menu or from another program?
can you remind me what OS it is?
i don't suppose you installed or ran the programs from one directory and then moved them?

lanux128:
in chronological order:
1. i launched DCU 1.21.01 and was told that there is a new version for DCU (1.23.01) & Farr (2.00.142).
2. i updated from DCU but using the external downloader option so FDM did the downloading.
3. after completing the downloads, i exited Farr & DCU and extracted manually into respective folders (C:\Program Files\DC\<program name>).
4. that's it. then i started Farr then launched DCU.

btw, my OS is WinXP Pro SP2. i thought this was related to the problems that some had with Farr plugins..

mouser:
3. after completing the downloads, i exited Farr & DCU and extracted manually into respective folders (C:\Program Files\DC\<program name>).
4. that's it. then i started Farr then launched DCU.

ah ok that's easy then..
when you extract manually rather than using the installer for each program, DCU won't find the programs until you run them at least once.  Running the programs will "register them" wherever they are.

lanux128:
yes, that works! thanks mouser.. 8) btw, does this step will apply for Farr plugins too?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version