ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Programmer Libs

JrDebugLogger - LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v1.12.01 - May 7, 2013

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
JrDebugLogger - The Cross-platform Debug Logging toolkit for C++.

Download from program web page: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/jrdebuglogger/index.html

v1.12.01 - May 7, 2013

* Now properly saves time/date stamps by default in output.
v1.11.01 - Nov 13, 2010

* By default if a relative filename is specified for debug output (-dbo), it will be created in the application directory.  HOWEVER with windows vista/win7 this has become illegal/problematic.  JrDebug will now attempt to use the AppData directory (e.g. Users\Documents and Settings\AppData\JrDebug\Exename) by default on vista/win7 in these cases.  You can specify ;info along with the -dbo to have the directory used output;
* Added debug directive to disable all windows-specific code, see Application Switch Files and Compile Flags.
v1.10.01 - Apr 7, 2010

* [bugfix] due to an ambiguous matching of function definitions, dbprintf could result in wrong passing of arguments (only happened with 2 args passed to it, one int and one char*), which could cause assertion fault message. -- thanks ewemoa
v1.09.01 - Mar 27, 2010

* [minor bugfix] debug messages sent to system were sometimes being split onto 2 lines (thanks ewemoa)
* [minor feature] added option that can be specified with plain text outputters (including system output) to not show the "MessageType:" prefix on messages.
v1.08.01 - Mar 10, 2009

* [minor bugfix] Fixed some deprecated compiler warnings generated by the latest gcc. (thanks Gothic).
* [minor bugfix] added string.h and stdlib.h to compiled-in headers needed to compile on latest gcc (thanks Gothic).
* [feature] added some documentation about using under *nix build system (thanks Gothic).
v1.07.01 - July 26, 2008

* [minor feature] added code to add an AnsiString streaming helper for C++ Builder users (nothing extra for users to do, you can now stream AnsiString objects; define JrDebugDIRECTIVE_DontAddAnsiStringStreaming to disable its creation).
v1.06.01 - July 5, 2008

* [minor feature] put -a at the end of a log output filename to signify it should be opened in append mode (otherwise it will be overwritten).
v1.05.01 - Aug 19th, 2007

* bugfix -- jrdebug_notcompiled_macros.h had a missing #define
* added fflush() after each file line output -- ensures file output is always up to date
* re-ordered this changelog to put more recent stuff at top.

This update includes one bugfix that would cause a failure to compile in some cases, and one very important but minor call to fflush which ensures debug output files are always up to date.  So it it definitely a recommended update.

ps. This is one of my least well known releases, and it takes a bit of experimentation to get used to using it, BUT i personally find it extremely useful when debugging things like dlls are other background processes where showing stuff on the screen is not normally practical.

mouser:
very minor update to allow easy specification that debug output files should be opened in append mode.

imtrobin:
I been looking at an older version, it does look good but a little too complex. I will take a look at the new one when I can find the time

mouser:
it's a bit crazy looking on the inside, but designed to be dead simple to use with absolutely no impact on size or performance when disabled.

mouser:
very minor update only of interest to those using c++ builder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version