ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mouse software

<< < (4/5) > >>

iphigenie:
The first utility i bought years ago on windows 3 was a mouse utility called squeaky mouse. It had a cute icon, and a lot of useful features from positioning the mouse over the active button, autoclick, help for scrolling lists (jumping by clicking a character, which didnt use to exist), smart scrolling modes, and some keyboard shortcut help (plus a trashcan and the list goes on).

Several of these features are still needed today - and more of them on vista than XP... the irony is not lost on me.

So yes, I would be curious to know of tools that really improve scrolling, listing etc. although my tendency is to do more and more with the keyboard, and not have to move my hand to the mouse (a desktop keyboard with a little "nipple" or mini joystick or trackball spot in the middle, maybe where the thumbs reast would be cool, for now i am stuck with using keyboard extending tools)

Darwin:
Well, as noted, togglemouse did all this and more under XP. If you can still buy a licence, I highly recommend it. Too bad the developer closed up shop. The last version was rock solid, though.

ericslaw:
I use volumouse quite a bit...
but does anyone have a gadget that uses MULTIPLE mice?
I've seen one on the web that requires an extra driver, but didn't work.
I found the following links:
http://cpnmouse.sourceforge.net/install.html
here is another that might be related....
http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2006/12/31/microsoft-manages-multiple-mouse/

Darwin:
The first utility i bought years ago on windows 3 was a mouse utility called squeaky mouse. It had a cute icon, and a lot of useful features from positioning the mouse over the active button, autoclick, help for scrolling lists (jumping by clicking a character, which didnt use to exist), smart scrolling modes, and some keyboard shortcut help (plus a trashcan and the list goes on).
--- End quote ---

You know it's funny... thinking back to Windows 3, the mouse utility segment was huge. Seems to have largely died off, maybe because mouse manufacturers have packed so many features into their own drivers and utilities and Windows keeps adding features as well?

lanux128:
also, programs such as AHK has eased of the work of adding features & being creative with the mouse.. just check these examples.. :)

• MediaMouse - à la Volumouse
• Send mouse scrolls to window under mouse - à la KatMouse
• Mouse Gestures

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version