topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:46 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Opera and NoClose - please help :)  (Read 4065 times)

Ralfi008

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Opera and NoClose - please help :)
« on: September 04, 2007, 12:45 PM »
Hello Together,

I use Opera 9.23 with windows and tabs. For example:

One Opera program:
- Opera-Window 1 with 20 tabs,
- Opera-Window 2 with 15 tabs,
- Opera-Window 3 with 2 tabs.

When working, I sometimes close a window unwanted and loose my workspace of several tabs. Unfortunately, Opera Company does not want to change this problem, for example by putting the whole window into the dustbin (so one can undelete the window with tabs. Closed Tabs are moved to dustbin where one can undelete).

As a solution I found "NoClose" ( https://www.donation...l/index.html#NoClose ) and put it into the StartUp of Windows XP. I presume, that NoClose reads the headline of saved rules to recognize a program that shall not be closed by "X". But Opera has a lot of headlines and so I have to tell NoClose after every start of the PC that Opera shall be "NoClose'd" (Control+1). Is there a solution to alter NoClose so that it recognizes Opera at startup? (Every tab has "- Opera" in the headline).

Thank you for helping me,
Ralf  :)

Dirhael

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • defreitas.no
    • Donate to Member
Re: Opera and NoClose - please help :)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 01:25 PM »
Unfortunately, Opera Company does not want to change this problem, for example by putting the whole window into the dustbin (so one can undelete the window with tabs. Closed Tabs are moved to dustbin where one can undelete).

Don't know about noclose, but what you just said there simply isn't true. How do I know this? Because in the latest test release of Opera, you can do just what you are looking for :) It's still a alpha version, so I don't know if I'd recommend you to use it as your primary browser just yet but should you want to try, you will find more details in this topic.
Registered nurse by day, hobby programmer by night.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 06:44 AM »
I see your problem, ralf. It could be fixed by modifying NoClose for your situation, but since that's not my software, let's see if skrommel answers. If he doesn't, please just bump this thread again and i'll mod if for you.

Ralfi008

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 12:48 PM »
I see your problem, ralf.
It could be fixed...
let's see if skrommel answers.
If he doesn't, ... I'll mod it for you.