ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Removed Areas > Delphi and C++ Builder

Installation & adding component on C++ builder or delphi?

(1/3) > >>

arunpawar:
I'm new to C++ builder learning C++ builder,i don't know how to install components.I'm trying to use the text highlight & line count feature for the text editor i've created by following instructions in help file of borland.I downlaoded the component from http://delphisci.sourceforge.net/ but there was no installation instruction.i tried google & Help docs on delphisci website.but no installtion instruction was given.So can anyone help me with pprocedure to install scintilla component.Please do tell me how can i install any type of component & How can i begine use of it?

Help with Tutorial link or URL where this q is answered or your procedure can be helpful please help in anyway possible.

If you knwo how to install component please help.Thanks in advance.

mouser:
Hi arunpawar,
I think that the developer of SkyIde (https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=4966.0), uses the component and hangs out here a lot, you might send him a message about it.

-mouser

mahesh2k:
Nice thread Arun. I request users on DC to contribute with some URL's or your Method.Please let this thread be informative.

SkyIDE:
Hi arunpawar :)

The install instructions are in a file called "INSTALL" in the delphisci-0.23 folder. It's a plain ASCII file so you can open it with notepad.

If you have C++ Builder 2006, current implementation of TScintilla is not quite compatible with it but the author is working on it.

Here is how I install it on C++Builder 6.0

First, unpack SciLexer.DLL and drop it in System32.

1. Go to delphisci-0.23/C6 Packages
2. Double click on scit.bpk
3. On the window labelled "package" - the one that appears on the middle of the screen, press Compile
4. Exit BCB and when it asks you to save the changes, say Yes

Then,

1. Double click on DScit.bpk
2 On the window labelled "package" - the one that appears on the middle of the screen, press Compile
3. Press Install

All done! The controls will appear on the toolbox. The new tab that it will appear is labelled "Scintilla"

*IF* you have only BCB 6 Personal, do the following before you do any of the above steps

On the window labelled "package" - the one that appears on the middle of the screen, remove ALL entries that have DB on the beginning or the end of the label.

I hope this helps.

mahesh2k:
Thanks SkyIDE for the reply.I'll crosscheck the instruction & let you know about it.I have C++ builder professional 6 (at home) & Delphi 7.2 Pro on my friends home. i'll check if it works for that.

BTW Arunpawar you didn't mention your version of BCB/ Delphi which edition you use.This might change the way it implement.

Thanks SKyIDE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version