ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

DcuHelper.exe v1.10 (7/12/11) - Update checking for your apps (dcupdater compat)

<< < (13/18) > >>

mouser:
I have uploaded a new beta version of dcu helper (link in first post).

v1.08.01 - Mar 23, 2011

* completely new dialog with buttons to open web pages shown when update detected; support for showing whats new
* improved the -u unregister parameter; added icon to dcuhelper to improve message boxes (thanks Worstje)
The newest version has a pretty dramatic change in appearance, showing nice dialog and buttons instead of messagebox; and the biggest change is you can now show people whats new since their current version.  See sample.

I'm putting this out as a beta since there may be some rough edges, let me know.  Note: The new version will *not* work on windows 95/98.

Suggestions welcome -- look forward to any feedback if the new dcuhelper is helpful for you.

Deozaan:
I think this is really cool. If I made any software that updated regularly, I'd definitely use this and give you feedback. But since I don't, all I can do is cheer you on from the sidelines.

I really like DcuHelper and DcUpdater. :D

jgpaiva:
I'm totally swamped in work so I can't give you feedback just now, but it looks awesome :D

kamahl:
Any documentatiuon on how to expose the changelog?

mouser:
Any documentatiuon on how to expose the changelog?
--- End quote ---

In your server versioninfo.xml file you want to add a line specifying the name of the whatsnew/changelog file, like so:

--- ---<?xml version="1.0"?>
<root>
<Program_Version>2.95.01</Program_Version>
<Program_Release_Month>6</Program_Release_Month>
<Program_Release_Day>6</Program_Release_Day>
<Program_Release_Year>2011</Program_Release_Year>
  <WhatsNewFile>whatsnew.txt</WhatsNewFile>
</root>
And then your whatsnew.txt file should be in same directory, with contents that look like this:

--- [email protected] - June 6, 2011
[BugFix] When capturing scans, the previous screencapture active window info could be kept in image comments.
[MinorFeature] Added Pixelate *outside* region special effect.
[Feature] Fixed bug in sorting by date and added new options to sort by either creation date or lastmodification date.

@v2.94.01 - April 8, 2011
[BugFix] Windows 7 (vista?) could give error on startup about inability to create a .redirect file for update checker.

@v2.93.01 - Mar 21st, 2011
[Feature] Added new Pixelate filter (see options on SpecialEffects tab).
(the list of changes can be ascending or descending, it doesnt matter; and only the version number after the @v is actually compared); the text lines after the @v# can be in any format you want.  it is simply grabbing the text between the @ lines corresponding to the new versions not installed by the user.

so if they have version 2.93.01 installed when this update file is checked, it will show the text from @2.95.01 through to above @2.93.01

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version