ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

DcuHelper.exe v1.10 (7/12/11) - Update checking for your apps (dcupdater compat)

<< < (5/18) > >>

justice:
Lanux128, I created a small AHK application that you can use to check for updates for itself.
http://www.amasan.co.uk/downloads/dummy/

lanux128:
thanks Justice, i'm hoping to add DCU support very soon.. :Thmbsup:

ak_:
Hmmm, i just tried to add DCu support to my program Subdude, but i can't get it to work.

First, isn't it possible to add a "Copy" method which simply overwrites an .exe file ?

Then, i tried the unzip method and tried to check for updates. From subDude itself, it told me that the program needed update only once. The other times, nothing. When i run dcupdater, it tells me that subdude need udpates, the download works then it does nothing. If i click "UPDATE NOW" again, it downloads the file again, and so on. The zip never gets unzipped.

mouser:
send me your .dcupdate file and ill check it and see if i can spot what's wrong ([email protected]).

First, isn't it possible to add a "Copy" method which simply overwrites an .exe file ?
--- End quote ---

yes i should add such a thing i suppose.

mouser:
Two people have had a problem because they are specifying:
<UpdateMethod>Unzip</UpdateMethod>

DcUpdater treats this field in a case-sensitive way so it needs to be
<UpdateMethod>unzip</UpdateMethod>

I think i shall change it to be case-insensitive and add an error if a non-recognized method is specified.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version