ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

Ideas i want to bounce off you guys

<< < (3/8) > >>

m_s:
Just one concern: I think many people would eventually buckle and give a donation - so you'd get 5 bucks from 'em - but then they would disappear, except occassionally maybe they would drop by and get an update.  I wonder if there isn't a way to get people to participate more in the life of the site?

f0dder:
This could be an interesting idea... instead of locking them out of the application, though, what about just starting to show nag screens on startup after the 30 days?

Basically, if run without a valid keyfile (which includes expired keyfiles), show a nagscreen on program startup. I don't like the idea of locking people out / removing features for apps that are free/donationware, but showing a not-too-intrusive nag screen (ie, don't let it last 10sec before timeout :)) isn't too bad.

I can help with a pretty decent & flexible keyfile scheme btw.

kfitting:
Yeah, locking people out of software entirely after a certain period is not freeware.  It's shareware.

Kevin

Carol Haynes:
How about some apps that are only available for download to members. Not the current ones, but perhaps as new ones come online they could be restricted (but heavily advertised) for a period of time.

Everyone can still get them for free if they can't afford it (just email Mouser and ask) but they are freely available to honorary and charter members ??

dajo:
Trillian has a free version and a paid version.  One of the reasons I opted for the paid version was to get access to the plugins and skins.

Maybe this could be a way to offer a free program but require payment to access extra goodies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version