ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CCleaner 2.0 Beta Released - Clean the Crap off your Computer

<< < (3/7) > >>

Armando:
One needs to be careful though. After using Ccleaner, yesterday, many settings in office 2003 were reset. I'm afraid other stuff was changed too... I could not find any detailed explanations in the on line help file about the "application" tab settings. I've also got other problems, but I don't have enough evidence to think they're due to CCleaner. Wondering if anybody experienced problems here? (BTW, didn't use the registry cleaner. Not crazy enough for that)

Grorgy:
When i first used CCleaner i had those sort of problems, Armando, very quickly learnt to untick boxes for the stuff i didnt want to lose  ;) Actually i tried that other one , clean up, and failed to remember to untick things so had to reset a few things  :-[  Oh well, we live and learn, or die trying

Armando:
Oh well... As you say. Thanks Grorgy. I'll be even more careful next time.
There should be some tooltips or other indication of what the different settings do -- it feels incomplete, and the help file is not very useful. Anyhow

Lashiec:
The final version of CCleaner 2.0 is still shaky, and some people is reporting it in the Piriform forums (namely, slow scanning speed). Add that the slim version is still not ready (hmmm...), and I suggest you guys to wait some days for things to settle down.

On to the applications part. My tip is untick everything. That, or go through the winapp.ini entries, going to the locations written there, and ensuring it won't delete any data you'll need. The application cleaning file of CCleaner needs a full audit to ensure it deletes everything that is fluff, and preserves everything that it's needed for the applications to operate (or at least, things that are not recreated everytime you start the application). That's why I use my own winapp.ini, to prevent CCleaner's own going berserk on my computer.

lrosebur:
I seem to be having a problem with my IE temp files, etc.  I do use ccleaner and cleanup, but sometimes I still don't seem to have all the files (temp, cookie, etc) cleaned out.  Any suggestions?

Lynn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version