ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

CCleaner 2.0 Beta Released - Clean the Crap off your Computer

<< < (5/7) > >>

Edvard:
I've used CCleaner and RegSeeker side-by-side for a while now, and have had no troubles except for one time CCleaner really messed with my firefox's ability to parse CSS  :huh:

As soon as Beta settles down, I'll definitely upgrade.

Lashiec:
Actually, CCleaner has been out of beta for some months now ;D, and now I think it's safe to use.

Uh, RegSeeker, are you using its registry cleaner or only the temp files removal function?

J-Mac:
Don’t get me wrong; I've used CCleaner for a few years with very few problems. However I have had to help people more than a few times who don’t really know much and presume that the default settings are safe. They are not safe in many instances. Someone who doesn’t know very well exactly what they want to clean can definitely get into trouble with it.

A basic, well written Help file would most likely help some users. Then again, some folks just never read them anyway!

Jim

Armando:
However I have had to help people more than a few times who don’t really know much and presume that the default settings are safe. They are not safe in many instances. Someone who doesn’t know very well exactly what they want to clean can definitely get into trouble with it.
-J-Mac (March 07, 2008, 06:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree. And the first thing that should be turned off by default, is anything concerning registry clean up.

Edvard:
Lashiec: I use both. I have heard all the warnings about cleaning the registry and I've never been burned so far. I always inspect everything it finds before deleting it, and RegSeeker keeps backups, so it's even safer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version