ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Should I add desktop screencast(movie) recording to ScreenshotCaptor?

<< < (2/6) > >>

jgpaiva:
If it'd be as good as screenshotcaptor, i'd say "YEEEEEES!!!".

Still, if it'd be aimed at a "quick and dirty" recording with all the cool features of SC (like copy path to clipboard :D), i'd say "YEEEES!!!" (notice there are 2 'E's less :P)

Darwin:
You can't miss if you make this an optional plug-in, Jesse.

nudone:
will you be adding something special into the mix - if not then perhaps it's best left for another program?????????????

Darwin:
nudone - as I see it, adding simple screencasting capabilities to screencaptor will allow those people who might like the functionality of a screencast application, but only use it once or twice a year, to have it without being forced to spend significant amounts of money on something that they don't actually need very often and for features that they won't need at all.

Carol Haynes:
If you plan to extend the functionality (editing and formats) in the future then why not - it would be useful.

If you just plan a quick capture to AVI I would suggest it is best left to another app. Jing seems to work reasonably well (actually incredibly simply) for SWF capture at the moment for anyone who wants it and there are Wink and Camstudio for people who want a bit more from their software. Since both are free I would suggest that adding very basic functionality would just mean that people need more than one application installed - which seems a bit like pointless duplication.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version