ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Learnin Javascript

<< < (5/6) > >>

sri:
http://www.exforsys.com/tutorials/javascript.html

fowmow:
Alright ljbirns, is this along the lines of what you wanted to see?

ljbirns:
WOW !!!  Exactly what I want to see.  Please show me how.

Thank you.

Lew

fowmow:
Exactly what I originally thought.  Your problem was not JavaScript at all.  It was a CSS issue.  Well, technically a CSS issue.

The source that SeqDownload creates for you starts out something like this:

--- Code: CSS ---<style type="text/css">body, input {        font-weight: normal;        font-size: 12px;        font-family:  Verdana, Arial, Helvetica;         }</style>
All you have to do is add this, *directly* after that.

--- Code: CSS ---body{        background-image: url("OKX_Topo_Short.jpg");        background-repeat: no-repeat;}
I'll leave it up to you to get that image.  Hint.

ljbirns:
fowmow

Terriffc !!  I really thank you.  You did all the work. I truly don't understand  the difference between Javascript and CSS. Flanagan's book came.. I'm beginnig to think he might as well have written it in Greek.  But since I am retired now I have plenty of time to see what I can learn.
 I tried to use a  GIF file that is on my HD instead of the URL. I changed URL(" xx")  to
   file("c:\map.gif");    as in # 3 above . It did not work. Is the syntax for files different than URL's ?  At any rate I do thank you for all the time and effort. This website and forum has
great people on it.

regards

Lew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version