ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Learnin Javascript

<< < (4/6) > >>

ljbirns:
I have tried adding the following ( one at a time ) to the script without results.

A)   <body style="background-attachment: fixed; background-repeat: no-repeat;" background=          "file://C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/mappics/110.png"

B)    <background="fixed">

C)    <bg properites="fixed">

D)   <body background="file://C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/mappics/110.png"       behavior="fixed">

E)   <body style="background-attachment: fixed; background-repeat:no-repeat;
     background="file://C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/mappics/110.png">

Lew

fowmow:
There are far too many things wrong with the markup and code you provided.  Is it at all possible for you to upload this example somewhere?

A few notes:

1.  That link you gave for the images, leads to only 1 image.  And it didn't appear to update...

2.  Setting one image as your background does not seem to be the primary way SeqDownload animates images.  Although it can be done.

3.  The "language" attribute is deprecated in favor of using:

type="text/javascript"

Although some would argue that it too is deprecated.

4.  The things you've tried (directly above this post) are all methods of styling the document via HTML attributes.  This should arguably be done via CSS.

However, I do not think it is the source of your problems.

Anything further, I'd really need to see an example page, complete with images and code.

ljbirns:
There are far too many things wrong with the markup and code you provided.  Is it at all possible for you to upload this example somewhere?

A few notes:

1.  That link you gave for the images, leads to only 1 image.  And it didn't appear to update...

2.  Setting one image as your background does not seem to be the primary way SeqDownload animates images.  Although it can be done.

3.  The "language" attribute is deprecated in favor of using:

type="text/javascript"

Although some would argue that it too is deprecated.

4.  The things you've tried (directly above this post) are all methods of styling the document via HTML attributes.  This should arguably be done via CSS.

However, I do not think it is the source of your problems.

Anything further, I'd really need to see an example page, complete with images and code.
-fowmow (August 20, 2007, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

1) The link was ONE image from this site: > http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=okx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no
I am downloading ONLY the radar scan without any background.

The radar image changes each time you visit the site.  Use the  LOOP feature to see the effect
The site only gives T  number of images in the loop phase. 
SeqDownload will give me 100 x T images making for a much more accurate time frame of the storm activity.
2) SeqDownload does NOT animate the background. It animates the images ( as in # 1 above )
I am looking for the animated images to be superimposed on a static background.

3) 3 and 4 of your reply is beyond my knowledge or understanding. ( Whatever coding I added
was modified from a book on JavaScript and various googled websites. Seemed  a good  at the time.
As for images and code I put the code  ( SeqDownload ) in my reply # 14 above.

In my post above  (my # 14 )I show the image I am getting. As you can see it is  for some reason tiled. Is there a way to  " un-tile " it ?

My ignorance  to even understand most of what you are saying is , of course, a hinderence to your helping me.  I appreciate all you are doing to help .

Thanks
Lew

fowmow:
Alright.  I *am* going to get you sorted.  Please paste for me a screenshot of SeqDownloader's "Download Properties" dialog.  The one where you insert a new item.

I want to see your *exact* settings, and the *exact* URL you download from.  I used the revised URL you provided in your last post and was getting PHP files.

So, help me help you... once I figure out this downloading of images part, the rest is easy!

ljbirns:
I think I screwed up with the revised URL.  Attached are screenshots of SeqDownload  dialogs.

The first one  # 36 shows the URL from which I download. The folder is where the downloaded GIF is stored. Last download
file is the name automatically given that file.  I have it set to download a new  file every 5 minutes.

The second one # 37 shows the annimation screen. Images folder is where the images reside on my computer.
The HTML template is the SeqDownload animation file to which I ADDED the BODY BACKGROUND line as below:

<html>
<head>
<title>Image Map Example</title>
<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
function update(t) {
   document.form1.text1.value = t;
}

</script>
</head>
<body>

html>
<head>
<title>Image Map Example</title>
<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
function update(t) {
document.form1.text1.value = t;
}
</script>

<BODY BACKGROUND ="file://C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/mappics/110.png">

<background="fixed">

{

</style>

</SCRIPT>

Created By using <a href="http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/seqdownload.html" target="nirsoft">SeqDownload</a>
<p>

<!--***NIRSOFT_CODE***-->

<script language="javascript">
var imageIndex = 0;
var timeoutID = 0;
var playMode = 1;

function animImageInc()
{
if (imageIndex < numOfImages)
   imageIndex++
else
   imageIndex = 1;
}

function animImageDec()
{
if (imageIndex > 1)
   imageIndex--;
else
   imageIndex = numOfImages;
}

function setCurrImage()
{
   document.MainImage.src = imgarray[imageIndex].src;
}

function updateAnim()
{
   var currTimeoutValue;

currTimeoutValue = timeoutValue;

if (playMode == 1)
   {
      animImageInc();
      if (imageIndex == numOfImages)
         currTimeoutValue += animDelay;
   }
   else
   {
      animImageDec();
      if (imageIndex == 1)
         currTimeoutValue += animDelay;
   }
   setCurrImage();
   timeoutID = setTimeout("updateAnim()", currTimeoutValue);
}

function clearLastUpdate()
{
   clearTimeout(timeoutID);
   timeoutID = 0;
}

function startPlay()
{
   clearLastUpdate();
   playMode = 1;
   updateAnim();   
}

function startPlayReverse()
{
   clearLastUpdate();
   playMode = 2;
   updateAnim();   
}

updateAnim();

</script>

<form name="PlayForm">
<table>
<tr>
<td><input type="button" onclick="startPlay()" value="Play >>">
<td><input type="button" onclick="startPlayReverse()" value="Play <<">
<td><input type="button" onclick="clearLastUpdate()" value="Stop">
<td><input type="button" onclick="animImageInc();setCurrImage()" value=">>">
<td><input type="button" onclick="animImageDec();setCurrImage()" value="<<">
<td><input type="button" onclick="timeoutValue = parseInt(document.PlayForm.IntervalValue.value)" value="Change Interval >>">

<td><input type="text" name="IntervalValue">
</table>
</form>

<script language="javascript">
document.PlayForm.IntervalValue.value = timeoutValue;
</script>
</body>

If you don't check the template box you get the radar images WITHOUT any background.

Lew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version